Bruce Eimer, Ph.D., LLC is committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with the Ethical Principles of the American Psychological Association. Bruce Eimer, Ph.D., LLC will comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, program content and in the treatment of program participants (Users). The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of Bruce N. Eimer, Ph.D., ABPP, the program administrator in consultation with his advisory board. While Bruce Eimer, Ph.D., LLC works diligently to anticipate problems, there will be occasional issues which come to the attention of the program administrator. This procedural description serves as our guideline for handling such grievances. When a participant (User) has a grievance and expects action on the complaint, the following actions will be taken:
- If the grievance concerns course content, or the style of presentation, the individual who has a grievance will indicate his/her comments in written format on the course evaluation. All course evaluations are reviewed by the program administrator (Dr. Eimer). The confidentiality of the complainant will be maintained.
- If the grievance goes beyond the course evaluation stage, the individual can contact the program administrator, Dr. Eimer, in writing either by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ). An attempt will be made to resolve the grievance informally.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved informally by these methods, the written complaint will be submitted to one or more members of the advisory board. The Board will formulate a response that will be sent to the complainant.
- If that is not sufficient, the complainant will be referred to the Ethics Committee of his or her organization.
- If the grievance involves the Program Administrator (Dr. Eimer) or relates to a course he has authored and taught, the complaint will be referred to a Board Member. This process will be handled independently by the program secretary, Ms. Suzan Siegel. If so desired by the complainant, Ms. Siegel can be contacted directly by email ( email@example.com ) or by telephone (732-616-6157) to file the grievance (if related to Dr. Eimer).
- If you have any questions or problems related to a complaint or grievance, please contact the program administrator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidential records of all grievances, the process of resolving the grievance and the outcome will be kept in the locked files of the program administrator.