My name is Dr. Bruce Eimer and I am a licensed clinical psychologist in Florida. I am originally from Philadelphia where I practiced psychology since 1986. I have over 34 years of experience providing counseling and hypnotherapy to individuals and couples. I have been in private practice for over 30 years. I was the Director of Pain Psychology at a major teaching hospital for seven years and I have held multiple clinical appointments at numerous hospitals.
I moved to South Florida in 2019 and serve the communities of Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, Wellington, West Palm Beach, and surrounding areas. I offer convenient online appointments so you can have therapy with me from anywhere.
I earned my doctorate in Educational Psychology from the State University of New York at Albany in 1981 and completed my post-doctoral residency and fellowship in Clinical Psychology at Hahnemann University in Philadelphia in 1986. I trained in Cognitive Therapy at Aaron Beck’s Cognitive Therapy Center at the University of Pennsylvania and in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy at Hahnemann University Medical School. I have years of training in Clinical Hypnosis and Hypnoanalysis. I am an EMDR trained therapist and have also trained in Thought Field Therapy, Emotional Freedom Techniques, and other Energy Psychology approaches. I also trained in Imago Relationship Couples Therapy with Dr. Harville Hendrix.
I am a Board-Certified Diplomate in Behavioral & Cognitive Psychology with the American Board of Professional Psychology and a Certified Hypnotherapist. I am a Fellow of the American Psychological Association and the International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association.
My approach to therapy is client centered. I approach all clients with deep respect. I have studied and mastered many different treatment approaches, but I formulate my treatment approach to fit each individual client. In my work, I integrate several different forms of psychotherapy which include Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Mindfulness, Clinical Hypnosis, Hypnotherapy, Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Solution Focused Therapy, and Interpersonal Psychotherapy.
I have experience working with a wide range of challenging conditions, including but not limited to trauma, depression, suicide risk, grief, loss, anxiety, chronic pain, and chronic medical conditions.
I enjoy teaching and routinely provide training workshops to professional therapists across the United States. I also enjoy writing and I am the author or co-author of nine books, as well as the author of dozens of book chapters and journal articles. On the personal side, I enjoy the outdoors, especially the natural wonders of Florida, and I enjoy spending time with my family and my German Shepherd and Belgian Malinois Dogs.
Bruce Eimer, Ph.D., ABPP, CHt
- PhD in Educational Psychology, State University of New York-Albany, 1981.
- APA-approved Post-Doctoral Internship and Residency in Clinical Psychology, Hahnemann University School of Medicine, APA-approved Psy.D. program, Division of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, 1983 through 1986.
- Psychologist, Florida – PY10748, 2020
- Psychologist, New Jersey – 35S100460700, 2008
- Psychologist, Pennsylvania – PS004665L, 1986
- Certified Hypnotherapist: International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association, 2017.
- Certified Clinical Hypnosis Consultant, American Society of Clinical Hypnosis, 1997.
- Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Psychologists, American Psychological Association, 2016.
- Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Florida Psychologists with the Florida Board of Psychology, 2020.
- Approved Hypnotherapy School Director, International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association, 2017.
- American Psychological Association (APA fellow)
- International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association (IMDHA fellow)
- Clinical Hypnosis Consultations
- Individual Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Couples Counseling
- Intensives & Retreats
- Continuing Education Courses for Therapists
- Consultations and Supervision with Therapists
Authored or Co-authored Books
Eimer, B.N. (2008). Hypnotize Yourself Out of Pain Now! (Second Ed.). Bethel, CT: Crown House.
Eimer, B.N. & Freeman, A. (1998). Pain Management Psychotherapy: A Practical Guide. New York: John Wiley.
Eimer, B.N. & Hunter, C. R. (2020). Taming Chronic Pain: A mindful approach for bringing pain relief. Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.
Eimer, B.N., & Torem, M.S. (2002). Coping With Uncertainty: 10 Simple Solutions. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications.
Ewin, D.M., & Eimer, B.N. (2006). Ideomotor Signals for Rapid Hypnoanalysis: A How-To Manual. Springfield, IL: Charles Thomas.
Hunter, C.R. & Eimer, B.N. (2012). The Art of Hypnotic Regression Therapy: A Clinical Guide. Bethel, CT: Crown House Publishing Company.
Zarren, J.I. & Eimer, B.N. (2002). Brief Cognitive Hypnosis: Facilitating the Change of dysfunctional behavior. New York: Springer Publishing Company.
Eimer, B.N. (2002). Hypnotize Yourself Out of Pain Now! Oakland, Ca: New Harbinger.
Eimer, B.N. & Allen, L.M. (1996). Psychological Assessment of Chronic Pain Patients. Durham, NC: CogniSyst.