Has anxiety taken over your life? Do you feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective? Do you struggle with five or more of the following symptoms?
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about, or pre-occupation with, certain ideas
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. My practice offers the most effective forms of treatment to get relief from anxiety.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms of the problem. Good therapy for anxiety addresses the causes of your anxiety. You will be helped to understand the root causes and release your emotional attachment to these causes.
I use evidence-based approaches which include cognitive-behavioral therapy, mindfulness-based techniques, and clinical hypnosis. You will learn how to relax, how to look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and be assisted to develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, reach out today so we can schedule an appointment.